Saturday, November 22, 2008

Will you go with me?

To the moon! I was watching Wall-E (seen recently I have been able to watch a lot of movies...and I don't know how) and saw the millions of satellites in outer space and freaked out! All that junk in outer space..I wonder if it is affected by the sunlight. The rays transfer and reflect off mirrors and shiny parts of the satellite and then increase its energy or something and then affects our environment. Nah..its just the imagination. I'd like to think that there aren't many satellites in orbit so I did some research. I read that the definition of satellites is technical. I would think of it as a "spacecraft" but it could also be debris that counts towards the number of satellites or "objects" that orbit the Earth. Right now there is over 2,000 objects in space with Russia putting out over half of them followed by the US (of course represent! no not really). NASA has intrigued me since I was a little girl. I wonder who really grows up and wants to be an astronaut, that sounds pretty cool to me!

No comments: