Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Day!

I always love the eve of thanksgiving because I can stay up late, wake up the next late morning, and only have to wait several more hours before the food is ready. I don't have to leave the house (for the most part) and can concetrate on preparing for a big appetite! Because I come from a small family we don't have to wait that long either to fully cook a small sized turkey. I love my mom's 'salad' that has apples, peas, corn, and mayo. It really does taste good! I hope we also have mashed potatos and corn bread which I don't mind making. I wonder how much money is spent each year on the grocceries used for the Thanksgiving meal. With the recent blows in the economy is there really going to be a huge drop? I believe that traveling at the airports have dropped significantly...thank goodness there is frequent flyer miles that you can earn with your credit card instead of just traveling!

No comments: